We offer classes in the following;
- Aerial Variety (Join us for an hour of aerials where you get to master both aerial silks and lyra/hoop. We use dance/acrobatic/gymnastic techniques to influence our warm ups, cool downs, strengthening and stretching components of the class to help you build relevant strength and flexibility.)
- Dance Variety (NEW CLASS 2018)
In this class students will explore a variety of dance styles to improve wellbeing, co-ordination, flexibility and technique in a fun, relaxed environment.
We will begin with foundations in classical ballet to develop basic alignment and technique. This is the basis of many other styles of dance. From here students will delve into jazz, contemporary and lyrical through out the term.
JAZZ - A technical style based on ballet, jazz is sharp and energetic using kicks, turns and leaps. Danced to popular music, students use basic technique and modern movement seen in movies and music videos.
CONTEMPORARY - An expressive and creative style drawing from ballet but much more grounded and connected to the floor. Students will be able to express more freely using release, contraction, interpretation and improvisation. Typically uses a lot of floor work and danced in bare feet.
LYRICAL - A mix of ballet, jazz and contemporary, lyrical is a style where students will develop musicality and have a chance to express themselves to music. Students will build on technique in a fluid, graceful and expressive way.
There is NO NEED TO BUY DANCE SHOES. Bare feet and socks are welcome to begin with. If students feel they would like some footwear, foot thongs/gloves/pads are recommended and are reasonably priced at dance shops.
- Aerial Foundation (NEW CLASS 2018)
Our Absolute Aerials coaches have combined forces to create this brand new class for you all! Perfect for complete beginners who want to build more strength and get used to being upside down either before they start aerial silks/lyra or as a second class.
This fun filled class is also open to our current students who just can’t get enough! It will consist of choreographed strength/flexibility sequences using the aerial hammocks that will of course be done to music making it so much more fun! We will then spend some of the class really breaking down techniques so you learn safe practice, body shaping, body and spacial awareness and correct technique and alignment. You will also have the opportunity to learn basic aerial hammock tricks as we progress. Whether you are new to aerials or have been doing aerials for a while, this class is perfect for you! All you need is a positive attitude, willingness to try and your biggest smile
Monday 6:30-7:15pm + Thursday 6-6:45pm
- Aerial Silks Tricks (An hour long class soley focused on aerial silks)
- Aerial Silk Routine (Learn a routine choreographed by one of our coaches. This class will push you mentally and physically as you really work on perfecting technique. You can work towards performing your routine in one of our mid or end of year shows!)
- Aerial Lyra Routine (Learn a routine choreographed by one of our coaches. This class will push you mentally and physically as you really work on perfecting technique. You can work towards performing your routine in one of our mid or end of year shows!)
- S/S/T (Our strength/stretch/technique classes will have you working hard from start to finish. This 45 min class is offered for both adults and tweens/teens. It's highly recommended as a second class for the week!
- Junior/Tween/Teen Classes are all variety classes including both aerial silks and lyra/hoop. We use dance/acrobatic/gymnastic techniques to influence our warm ups, cool downs, strengthening and stretching components of the class. Your child will work towards a routine for the mid and end year shows!
- Aerial Yoga (Join us for a blissful yoga class where you will use the hammocks to assist you into you poses. A great way to build strength and flexibility and keep your sanity)
- Hammock Body Conditioning (Use the hammocks to assist your strength training. This class is more intense than yoga and a fabulous stepping stone before aerial variety classes for those who have never done aerials before)
- Hammock Performance Technique/ Tricks/Sequences (Work on perfecting your lines, toes, aerial technique and awareness whilst learning hammocks tricks and sequences)
- Toddler Cirque (ages 2.5-4)